2.20.2008

The Rosebush ..... ( Below)


I can't wait to be gardening again ..... this is the rose bush I planted in 2000

when my beloved grandmother passed ......

she was my real mum ,she taught me so much and she truly was my best friend .....



I owe my domesticity to her........my creative spirit flows from her love....she was very independant and strong and creative.... always cleaning,cooking,decorating ....... creating and entertaining,,,she used to do ceramics .

I was blessed and fortunate that she was so willing to allow us to be apart of that ....she taught weekly classes at home in the basement I remember setting out the trays of food the cakes and the tea cups.....

I remember always getting my own little projects too..... she had her own kiln and would fire the stuff herself.... the transformation of an object that has been painted after it is fired is astounding ...fascinating to me....



I miss the tales of my father growing up in England and the stories about her nursing days........ I miss the custard and pies........ funny.... I miss her more than I miss my mother ....

No comments: